Every Story Matters | Home

Toll Free 1800 115 799

Your Rent - Lodging

What is lodging?

Accordwest provides single people with accommodation in our lodging houses. Residents have their own secure, furnished room but share communal facilities like bathrooms and kitchens.

What is the difference between lodging accommodation and mainstream accommodation?

Lodging accommodation is a single room only. The kitchen, bathroom and laundry are shared. Lodging residents sign a Licence to Occupy under common law provisions. Mainstream accommodation is a self-contained property. Residents sign a Tenancy Agreement under the Residential Tenancies Act 1987.

How much will I pay?

Rent is assessed according to your income and size of room, and includes a charge for utilities such as water, electricity and gas. These utilities are added onto the rent to make up the total cost of a room.

We provide subsidised rooms for people on low incomes. The amount of rent we charge each resident varies, however our residents will never be charged more than 75% of the market rent for their room. Contact us for more information.

Moving out

Under the Licence to Occupy, you must give three days’ notice in writing.


Helpful Information

Here are some helpful hints and some information if you live in Accordwest’s Lodgings. Here you’ll find how to pay your rent, and how you can manage any rent issues that might arise.


Skip to content