With the price of water due to increase in Western Australia next month by 5.5%, here are some handy tips tenants can use to save on water:
Check all taps, pipes and toilets for leaks.
- Read your meter regularly – good way to see how much water you are using and whether a hidden leak is present.
- Install water saving showerheads if current showerheads use too much water. Put old showerheads back when vacating a property.
- Take shorter showers or if you feel like having a long one consider having a bath.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Rinse vegetables in a full sink or pan of water.
- Fully load your dishwasher or full up your sinks with cleaning and rinsing wate instead of letting taps run.
- Rinse dishes in a full sink or pan of water.
- Wash full loads of clothes and where possible use clothing more than once before washing.
- Keep the sprinklers off in winter and use retic sparingly the remainder of the year in line with regulations.
- Adjust sprinklers so that they don’t water the sidewalk or street.
- Equip all hoses with shut-off nozzles.
- Place mulch around plants to reduce evaporation and discourage weeds.
- Use a bucket instead of a hose to wash your car.